Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday's CUP


This sweet picture I took of my niece was a reminder to me this morning to live in today and not worry about tomorrow!!

This week has been another eye opener for me (I'm sooooo still growing up) as God graciously showed me what it means to truly live in today and not tomorrow. I didn't realize I wasn't living like this until it was made clear to me Sunday night as I cried with my best pal about all that's been going on around me and some daunting things that lie ahead.

We all know we're to "not be anxious about tomorrow for today has enough troubles of it's own"....but do you really truly embrace what that means? Here I am 40 and still learning this truth....God really opened my eyes this week to what that means and I have NOT been living like this. I challenge you to really take it to heart if you don't already.

Today I need to keep today's priorities in check, today I need to make wise choices that I will face today (not worry about tomorrow's decisions), today I need to be a good steward of what God's given me, today I need to be diligent at work and not worry about all that's pressing, today I need to be a loving friend to those I cross paths with and am reminded of today.....what a huge weight has been lifted from me this week when I truly sat down and embraced all that it meant to live in today. It sounds so easy and something we've always known but I'll admit - it's not how I have been living. Earlier this week I truly put this into practice daily and what a difference it has made in my life - I feel more at peace than I have in quite some time!! AMEN!!

I hope you're encouraged today to live in today and be the person God intended you to be today - tomorrow is just that - tomorrow!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Jayme Solomon said...

Great reminder AA. So often I live in "tomorrow". Planning this or that. You know how that is. I look at my calendar and sometimes think, "how in the world can I get that done and still serve God in the process?" I don't want things to just be a task. I want the things that I do to be in service of the Lord and not myself. Keeping that thought at the front of my mind helps me get tasks done and enjoy doing them.

Thanks for sharing your heart with us.

Jenny M. said...

You have really encouraged me with this! Love you!