Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CUP of Time

So some people call them crackberries or my icrackphone but I have to admit I've always loved my electronics and especially today when a simple trip to buy some stamps for some wedding invitations (no not mine sillies.....) took 25 minutes....who has time for that?! But.....with my electronics close at hand - the time flew by and multi-tasker-me got several messages and follow-ups done. In fact, I was so into what I was accomplishing in line that when they said "next" I actually said to myself..."darn it's my turn and I was almost done with this email". :)

However, the fact that I was the one buying the stamps for these invitations is another story completely.....
  • paper sent for invites was damaged
  • had to pay overnight shipping for non-damaged paper-project delayed 2 days
  • company didn't score cards correctly
  • had them fixed (sort of) at Kinkos
  • Kinkos messed up so they said no charge (hmmm thank you - I guess??)
  • finally finished the 10 piece set invites (125 of them) last night at 11pm and due to the kinkos change - they didn't fit in the envelopes....yes I cried (and a little panic and prayer too)!!!!!!!
  • had to order new envelopes today and pay overnight shipping - project delayed another 2 days while I wait for shipping
Sooooo I'm mailing them for the bride-to-be (thankfully a dear friend) to save a couple days!
Thankfully in the 2 years of my biz - this has NEVER happened before!

Time to refill my CUP! Cheers!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

That sounds like a nightmare! I don't know how you do it all - your amazing! Please lets get together soon!!