Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kailey's CUP

Last Saturday ended up being such a fun day but it certainly didn't start out that way...........

I had alot of biz to work on so I knew I needed to spend all morning in my office well it didn't go as planned. My computer, or so I thought crashed leaving me in a complete panic. After 90 minutes or so on the phone with India (I mean my comp customer service) - they told me it was my video card or the motherboard...sigh! My mom was in town for the weekend and sat downstairs listening to me cry on the phone wishing she could do anything to help! The Cstmr Svc man actually told me to put the phone down and get a glass of water....haha! I was just worried about the files I hadn't backed up - in the middle of so many weddings this was horrible timing!

Thank goodness for good friends like Keith who came to the rescue and went out of his way to come over (I owe you and Kari big time!!!). 5 hours later - it wasn't my computer (thankfully) it was my beautiful new widescreen monitor - and wouldn't you know - the warranty ended 3 weeks ago....sigh!
By the time he got a temp monitor set-up, I had all of 20 minutes to get ready for Kailey's birthday - I was almost going to miss it knowing I had deadlines and a sick computer but I decided I needed a break and there was always Sunday! We had a ton of fun - Kailey, her mom Peggy, Laurel, JoJo, Mel, her best friend Mallory (who I finally got to meet!) and me! Thanks for inviting me Kailey - we must do it again!

We went to Aqua Dulce Wineries for a little wine tasting - who knew it was there???!! Lots of laughs and lots of fun - too bad we couldn't really stomp on the grapes like Lucy!!!! After the winery we headed to Wolfcreek for dinner and gifts. Kailey's best friend Mallory surprised her with a homemade quilt - her very first one! It was soooo sweet (and sooo beautiful)!! Then we ended the night at Laurels house (checking out her new bathroom and kitchen) and just sat around and talked for a couple hours!! I love girl time!

Cheers!!

No comments: