Thursday, October 16, 2008

CUP of gas

So I finally got my new prius last week.....I feel like a brat not being happy about it....like my best pal Jodi said "most people are thrilled when they get a new car...." but getting a new car means I'm having to sell my absolute favorite car :( but I know it's something I need to do to be a good steward and lower my monthly spend. Needless to say I felt horrible about my stinky attitude. Last week I chose to start focusing on all the cool features (of which I will say there are MANY)...what a difference that made in my attitude. Mind you I feel selfish and a brat even having to go through this emotional process when I know people are losing their cars, homes, jobs, etc. We are so rich in so many things but yet we focus on such trivial ones....I'm in process for sure!

I'm very thankful to the kind people at Keyes Toyota - they gave me a smokin deal so I can't complain (it pays to know people in high places - thanks JoJo!). Then came my first gas up.......$30.57 to fill it with 8.8 gallons of gas. The GPS computer gadget thingy boper tracks your average MPG so on my first tank I got 45 MPG......now how I can keep boo hooing especially given the financial state of our country. My flesh still wants to pout about needing to sell my Sequoia but I'm working on my tude and I'm letting go......Cheers!

2 comments:

Jenny M. said...

I'll miss the Sequoia too..lots of good commuting memories with you. I'm proud of you for making the switch...good for the wallet!!

Mary said...

Andrea-
I'm so excited to find your blog. It's beautiful . . . I wouldn't expect anything less. I'm quite envious of your fill-up. I don't think my van would even turn over for $30. :) I can't wait to hear about your trip.
Mary