Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingerbread CUP

I decided to start a new tradition this year and instead of buying gifts for some of my friends children, I invited them over Friday night to make gingerbread houses, a pancake dinner, cookies, hot chocolate and a movie and a date night for Mom and Dad. I of course could never do this alone so Auntie JoJo helped me! We armed the house with plastic and off we went!!!
I decided to assemble the houses before the kiddos arrived - GOOD CALL!!

They couldn't wait - but dinner was first!

Dinner was Chocolate Chip Snoman pancakes!!!! Noelle and Kate helped their Auntie JoJo mix up the batter.
Sydney LOVED the mini chocolate chips!
Noelle couldn't decide which she wanted more of - marshmellows in her hot chocolate or more pancakes (she had both.....sorry Kari!!)

Owen was the youngest but kept up with all of them - especially when it came to how many pancakes he ate....he almost ate more than Joshua.
Will was diggin' it all!
Kate just was happy as could be!!
Kaycie helped me make the icing so we could get started on the Gingerbread houses....

They ate about as much candy as they put on the houses....afterall it's Auntie AA's house and no parents were around!
Joshua, Noelle and Kate loved their house!
TA DAAAAA.......The final masterpieces!!
Jake and Will took a break to race their cars down the long hallway....Movie time!


Jake with the girls :)
Cookie time :)
Not sure who was more tired at the end.....
I feel truly blessed to have these little ones in my life and for all my precious Auntie AA moments! A lifetime of great memories!!
Cheers!

2 comments:

Jayme Solomon said...

Ahhh. Looks like loads of fun!!!

Jen said...

I found your blog on Andrea's blog so I thought I would check it out. I am so very impressed that you would do such a wonderful Christmas present for your friends and their children. Very nice!