Thursday, January 8, 2009

WWW.CUP.2009

So the Lord has already been teaching me so much this year and it's only Jan 8th!! Amen!! He's really impressed on my heart WWW and no it's not the world wide web but Worship, Waiting and Work. Worship - He wants my best, my first - it's all His anyway. Waiting - I'm definitley definitely in a tough season of waiting on Him for much direction, peace, wisdom, discernment in many areas of my life right now. And Work - we are called to work hard - we were never promised an easy life (thank you for Shannon for reminding me of this fact a couple months ago - it has still really hit home with me). To quote my buddy Oswald Chambers again - "we often hop around like spiritual frogs from worship to waiting and from waiting to work when in reality, we should be doing them all at the same time". This hit me hard this week.

Those of you that know me well know that when I'm going through something and waiting on the Lord, I tend to really take to heart "be still". In fact, many times I end up freezing in place - I become so deeply connected with what's going on that I cannot move, move forward or be emotionally available to anyone or anything, much less apply myself to what's in front of me and work hard. This was a big exhortation to me that while things are going around me that may be hard or that I'm working through, I still need to worship and give God my best and I still need to work (not just my job but work at life). I can still carry on with my daily life while waiting on him instead of doing one or the other. This is a struggle for me but one I know I need to put in practice this year.

Here's to the WWW - Cheers!

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

Amen and amen! Thanks for the reminders...dang we'd be having some good couch convos right now! NO wait, we'd be working hard :)

Love you sis!!!