Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CUP of Healing

Ahhhh today I'm so thankful for friends, insurance and to quote "Oprah" paying it forward. I have had a gland problem with my face (I'll spare the details) that has left me incredibly frustrated and very insecure with my skin lately and it was only getting worse. For those of you that know me, I hate the doctors with a passion so I tend to put it off and deal with the discomfort but this one was really getting to me. Well the day I asked God to give me the courage to just "deal" with it the flood gates opened wide. I got a few referrals but then my friend Ronnie suggested I call her friend who works for a dermatologist and see her....so miraculously I called her within minutes (trust me this is a miracle in and of itself that I made this call). This was all last Wed and today I had my diagnostic appointment and while in the chair for a simple diagnosis - they did all the treatments right then - they gave me over 30 little treatments (okay it was full fledged cautery if you want the truth) and ALL was covered thanks to a friend and insurance....truly a miracle!!! It's money I would not have been able to spend right now that's for sure!

A few weeks ago I did a very simple favor for this friend-of-a-friend and designed and printed some birthday invitations for her - a little favor but to her it was a big blessing. I did it having no clue that 2 months later I would actually be calling her to help me with what she considered a little favor but to me an ENORMOUS blessing!!!

I have dozens of little sores that need to heal but the key word is heal!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel blessed and had to share (especially since Sandy shared the other day about "procedures" and I'm sure more will keep coming since I'm getting old.....sighhhhh!).

Little Kendall Sharp also had a "procedure" today and thankfully hers went well, she's home healing and her sweet Mom, Jen, is relieved!!! YEAH!!

Cheers to Procedures (I think??!!)

4 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

you said it, cheers to procedures!!!

Sandy said...

I'm so thankful they were able to do it on the day you first went in and you didn't have to wait and think about it - which makes it worse!! I'll be praying for you to have a quick recovery!! I'm sending a big hug to you!!

Jenny M. said...

Wow, as you always say, Jesus Romance!!!!

I'm so glad you are ok and even gladder (is that a word?) that you went in and got it taken care of.

Andrea Cervantes said...

Love your blog...love having more blogs to read! So fun! Yours is much more elaborate than mine...haven't figured out much yet...and haven't figured out the time to keep it up but it should be a fun journey. Look forward to following yours!