Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CUP of Girl time

My dear friend Shannon came over Friday night - I absolutely adore and cherish our friendship. Ever since we met years ago, our friendship has continued to grow over the years - I'm so so so so very thankful for her and Steve (and their three beautiful kids.....I love hearing them yell out my name...Auntie AA and I do mean they can yell - it just melts my heart every time). We have some similarities in our personalities (actually I wish I was MORE like her) but it just means SHE GETS ME! This is a huge blessing in my life when somebody just GETS me and Shannon does. (I'm blessed with many friends that do as well so a shout out to them too!)

Everytime we're together is not only fun but heartfelt and packed with lots of meaningful conversation and encouragement (and okay some not so meaningful too - we're girls!). Thank you Shannon for always reaching out to me and keeping up on what's going on in my life (sorry I kept you in suspense last week..haha) - you have an amazing gift the way you remember things and are so good at following up on what's going on in others lives - it blesses people more than you probably know!

We made lattes (I know shocker but it's tradition in the old spanish trail house) and Jodi captured Shannon perfectly enjoying her latte (even though I make a mean foam, she opted for lots of whipped cream - can you really blame her??!!)


So I really didn't want to post this picture of the 3 of us but I am....remember my previous post about my new love interest...that heavenly cheese popcorn? Well I clearly ate too much salty popcorn (or I raided the morton's salt container in my sleep) cuz my face looks all puffed up but I opted for humor and memories instead of vanity - it's overrated anyway so I'm posting it!! If you're curious about how or where we are sitting for this photo shoot with that view of the family room behind.....after I made us lattes, we just decided to hang out on our knees in the middle of the kitchen. Okay not really...Jodi used the island in the kitchen to prop the camera for the self-timer and so we had to squat on our knees to avoid a very unpleasant thigh shot! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ya know??!!

P.S. Kailey my sweatshirt doesn't say Bar Hopper it says Bar Harbor!

Cheers!

2 comments:

emily said...

so, do you thing the barista is worth the purchase? Will it keep me away from Starbucks?
Also, I want to know more about your organizing project- sounds wonderful!

Andrea said...

Actually no i wouldn't buy it - I've had 3 of them and all of them the pump has gone out (I only bought one so they did replace it each time but it was a fight). Sad cuz they're not cheap - the one I have now....eeek was expensive but it's from Starbucks and TOTALLY worth it. I'll email you coffee friend!!