Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kitchen CUP

So as you know I'm on my one room a month tour this year - touring around my house on a hunt for junk and trying to bring my life back to the organized haven I crave. Many people say "your house is always neat....it's never a mess".....that's because they don't often open my drawers, closets or go in my garage. I mean it's not like I'm a pack rat with only a small path to my bed and bathroom but it definitely became time for more than just a spring cleaning (and why does this need to happen in the Spring? I've never really understood that?!).

These 2 drawers were day 23 in my kitchen tour - 2 of the main reasons I wanted to do this room a month tour - every time you go in this drawer for a spatula, you get stabbed by a fondue fork, cut by a serrated pie spatula (is that a necessary item in a kitchen - honestly?) and lately....I haven't been able to find my cake tester - life has been hard! Not that I've been baking alot of cakes but I just feel better when I know I can find it when I need it.


Okay really yes this all fit in one drawer (the right one) - now do you see what I mean? How many cooking utensils does one girl really need? Even the knob was broken on this drawer making it even more frustrating but in my special MacGyver ways.....I fixed it (that's what my BFF calls me when I fix things but I tell you this single girl has about had it with the man chores!). "This is a man chore" seems to be a line I utter way more now than ever before.....sigh!


Awwww relief - I can see everything and I can find what I need without cutting or stabbing myself anymore! And I slept great last night because I know right where my cake tester is - it's in the left front corner!


Cheers!!

No comments: