Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cover-up CUP

Day 3:

So a couple weeks ago as I was getting ready for work one morning......this is what I found:


It was all GONE!!!!!! I love my Bobbi Brown foundation but it's quite costly and I told myself this was my last one (for now.....kind of leaving the door open) :).



I had been on a search for a new less expensive make-up, I mean this is serious business and my partner in make-up crime told me about this...................

I love that girl! It was featured in Instyle's Best Beauty Buys for 2009 for Best Inexpensive Foundation! Who knew?! I actually bought it and tried it before I knew this - and I can see why they voted it the best. I bought it from CVS but you can find it anywhere that sells Loreal. The hardest part about a new foundation is matching it to your coloring. But.....Loreal has this little color chart hanging from the shelf and you lay the chart on your wrist and match the color - it's a match when the color disappears against your skin. I found a perfect disappearing match and when I used it for the first time - it was a PERFECT match! Love it! It's a very light foundation and goes on so smooth.


I also bought this.......

It's mineral make-up and the "new" thing. It's actually powder foundation and I love it! You don't think you'll get enough coverage but you do. It's meant to be used alone but I've also used a little of it with the liquid foundation a couple times but be VERY careful cuz you don't need alot of the powder when you are also wearing the foudation...if you use too much you'll look like you're about to be on TV!

I love when I stick to my budget and make wise choices - God always provides in random ways (my little jesus romances). When I went to CVS to buy this it was a buy one get one free sale. Funny, I don't recall Nordstroms ever offering a BOGOF sale on Bobbi??!! So for under $20 I got both of these:

Tomorrow....nails!

Cheers!

2 comments:

emily said...

Your post is timely! I just ran out of foundation & I use Bobbi Brown, too! Maybe I'll give this a try. It's hard to make the switch when you're so comfortable with something else!

Jayme Solomon said...

I've recently switched to this brand too and I've been pretty happy with it too. :)