Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day After CUP

Day 2

For the day after....when you just don't have enough energy or time (because you hit snooze too much) to wash your hair...help is on the way! I used to gasp at the thought of not washing my hair everyday but now.....I embrace the day after and no more gasping!!

Mama H (my mom) doesn't remember this but I sure do......sigh....when I was younger she didn't think it was good for us to wash our hair everyday and I'm telling ya I think I'm still carrying around childhood wounds from those day 2 very oily hair days. Like when I was in Mrs. Thomas' 3rd grade class they checked all of us for lice (it was one of my "day 2" hair days) and they sent me straight home cuz they thought I had lice. I was humiliated....so humiliated that I can still recall where I was standing in that class when they pulled me aside. Turns out I didn't have lice just OILY hair! I've learned to embrace this and not complain because oily skin has it's perks....at 40 I don't have a sign of wrinkles (but then my eyesight is going too....but shhh don't be honest with me on this one) and you should see Mama H....at 71 she hardly has any and looks like she's in her 50s!

Here are 2 products that I love - I use both - I can't decide which I love more?!

Ojon is from Sephora and my first can was a gift from guess who.....yep little miss Ronnie with a cute little note that said "for the day after". She knows how much I love the little day after helpers!!

Psssssst is from Clairol and I don't think they have changed the packaging since the 50s as you can see. Believe it or not this little kept secret is from Mama H. When my sis was in the hospital for a couple weeks about 10 years ago, (she has the same lovely day 2 problem as me) and since she was in ICU for most of those 2 weeks and not able to get out of bed, washing of her hair was not possible. Mama H went to the store looking for this because she remembered using it when she was young - um hello Mama you were definitely holding out on us!!! I have been using it ever since and have been known to buy this by the case - shh don't tell! It's a less expensive option and you can find it at CVS on the bottom shelf by the shampoos and probably for around $5-6.

TIP - after several years I finally got a clue and instead of using this at the end of the day when the oily bangs start....after I'm done blowdrying my hair, I spray a little on the underneath side of my bangs in the morning and the oily bangs never come!!! This helps alot too if you're going to go 2 days. Shake really well and don't use too much as it starts to turn white but it fades in a few minutes or you can brush out - just DON'T PANIC if you look like a skunk...just brush it!

If you use a similar product and I've completely missed the boat - please don't hold out on us like mama h did for all those years!! Or if you're one of those people that don't have oily hair.....watch your back in dark alleys....I'm just saying ;)
Tomorrow - makeup!

Cheers!

2 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

ewwww... I like this one. Granted, I can't wash my hair every day. Seriously, my hair would just be...bad, to say the least. Thanks for the tips!

Stefanie Hartung said...

Wow, Andrea, I really need to check your blog more often:) thanks thor the tip!