Friday, March 27, 2009

Eyes CUP

Day 5:

Isn't this fun or have I just been entertainming myself all week.....I'm hearing crickets.....

Several weeks ago I mentioned that there are some Bobbi Brown products that I just can't give up and simply can't bring myself to find a substition.......I simply can't!!

These little guys I can never be without:

I was told by a Bobbi make-up artist that miss Bobbi was in search of a perfect eyeliner and went to an art store and that was when the gel liner came to life. Who knows if that's true but it's definitely like an artists ink jar that you dip your brush into. Ideally you need a flat eyeliner brush or similar but I love this stuff! It stays on all day too.


I'll admit I have it in 5 colors - Chocolate Shimmer is my favorite!! Sorry I didn't take the cap off the Chocolate Shimmer during my very amateur photo taking opportunity so I could show you....it's so pretty!

This is granite and was my first and is my staple color
It's not totally black - it's a warm version of black! LOVE! And........they are worth the $ cuz they last a very long time - probably a year or two unless you do your make-up like Elvira then probably not as long....but hey more power to ya!



Those that know me know how much I love eyelash primer. I have been wearing it for years - I can't remember when this love affair began. If you don't like your lashes, or lack thereof, you should definitely try a primer.
Origins Underwear for Lashes is my favorite (cuz I love the name). It goes on white so you can see what you're doing - just don't leave the house and forget your mascara on top of the primer which I do often and then Ronnie reminds me at work that I look like an alien (well she doesn't say that but I think she secretly thinks that). Because of this, I always have back-up mascara in my desk drawer.

Have you met Ronnie since I've talked about her all week? Here she is:

and again with her handsome son Marcelo!! Hot Mama and very handsome son!


anywoo - back to this
The other is by Maybelline - they make a clear mascara that is a little cheaper and does a similar thing. You get 2 coats of mascara without the thickness of 2 coats of mascara. Did that make sense?

And lastly the brows.....ladies we gotta color our brows. We put on this lovely makeup and forget these guys!I don't do brow pencils - I can't! I'm retarded and then I end up looking like Elvira! I use an eye brow brush - flat and slanted and just a matte eye shadow. Nothing fancy - and the shadow lasts forever! This eye shadow is from my very first make-up session with Missy (a good friend of my sis and a Bobbi artist) for my sisters wedding in 2003 - I'm not kidding!
Here is proof with the date on the picture - don't you love how our cameras so nicely captured the dates we took our photos - so funny.
Meet Shar Shar (aka Sharlene)....one of my Sister's BFFs!


This was the night before my sister's wedding, we had our make-up done for the rehearsal dinner and Shar and I both bought our first truck load of Bobbi. I mean that is a HUGE bag for make-up but it was full. I even titled this picture SharandBobbi cuz she honestly slept with this bag of make-up that night she was so worried I was going to steal it from her (she knows me too well!). Oh fun times - I love this picture because all of us girls slumbered in this 2 bedroom guest house next to the main-mansion house in Newport Beach (where the reception was) and laughed with my sis all night long...so much that my stomach muscles hurt the next day!! If you want to laugh for hours...Shar Shar is your ticket!

Tomorrow - a few final tips!!

Okay this post has taken 3 left turns and a u-turn so I'll say goodbye and....

Cheers!

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Man, I never even knew they had primer for your eyelashes. Wow. I appreciate your tips. Me, being way too low maintenance with makeup, needs all the tips I can get. Maybe you could give a tutorial on how to apply eye shadow. I could really use that!

Is Bobbi products sold at Nordstrom??

Andrea said...

Yes Nordstroms sells it and hey you live in Nordie territory...jealous! They carry the full line online too but that's only helpful if you know what colors you want i guess.

A tutorial - great idea and eye shadows are hard. I need to get Ronnie on that she's the expert in my life!!

The Owens said...

I have LOVED all your info - keep it coming! I seriously am lucky to leave the house with mascara on. I am learning and WILL put it to use! What about lips?