Monday, March 9, 2009

Secret Scone CUP

It all started years ago - I can't really pinpoint or remember the first time I made these but I definitely remember the kitchen - it was an apartment I lived in behind IHOP years ago. I was into making scones at the time - all kinds. I had a few recipes I loved - others not so much but still hadn't found one that was perfect! I got really into blueberry ones and would add some lemon zest. Then I moved to chocolate (not sure why these didn't come first given my love for chocolate) and at the time my favorite Starbucks drink was the Mocha Valencia......CHOCOLATE ORANGE!. This is where my love for these 2 items combined made history in my heart and Andrea's Chocolate Orange scone was born. I combined 2 recipes and this was the result!

People seem to looooooooove these - one friend who shall remain nameless, told me that she consumed an entire leftover bag in 2 days (I wont divulge how many were left in the bag). These little gems became sort of a "known" thing for me and I have not been able to give out the recipe to this day despite being asked all the time - I flat out tell people I don't. .....how rude huh?! :) I've gone back and forth and back and forth over the years and still have not given it out. It's not like I'm ever going to sell them so I'm not sure why....perhaps I'll weaken one day soon???????????????? (although I keep saying that).

Even my BFF doesn't have the recipe - she always says mix them up and I'll bake them.

After the important kneading process............

The 2 secret weapons on top..................baked on stones of course!!!
Okay so these pics in this post are 2-fold - I'm trying out a new 28mm lense for my camera (I just ordered but had to test it out first) on food that I made for Ashley's baby shower this past Saturday. I need this lense to photograph my stationery but it works great for food too!
Look familiar?

Cheers!
someday maybe someday......thinking....thinking........................

6 comments:

Jenny M. said...

Pregnant woman = Desperate

Please FED EX some stat!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

Yummy!!! Can I have some? My very favorite ice cream growing up was swiss orange chip from Swensons ice cream parlor that went out of business when Robert was born. It was Chocolate, Chocolate Chip ice cream with the flavor of Orange. Oh such a sweet memory!! Please share:)!

The Parsons' blog said...

Well it looks like the lens works great. Does it have a zoom?? I'd like to get me one of those bad boys. And what?! You don't share recipes. Come on, the pioneer woman does...everyone is doing it ;) J/K The scones look super yummy.

Andrea said...

i know i'm evil - i mean I share all recipes but this one - they have become so loved that I've become greedy and kept it to myself - what's wrong with me? haha

P.S. The lens is awesome but heavy oddly enough. It doesn't have a zoom. Once I learn more I'll have to share :)

Andrea said...

Swiss orange chip - oh my goodness I would have been addicted!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I would have loved that!!!

Jayme Solomon said...

Thanks AA for making these... I enjoyed them so much and had way too many at the shower. Mark loved them too, so I actually had to share the ones that I brought home with him... :( LOL! It's ok that you keep them a secret as long as you let us all know when we can come over and steal some.

Great job on the rest of the food too!